Posted By Jonathan M. Kelley,
Saturday, January 31, 2015
| Comments (0)
Tonight's FTRF author event in Chicago, featuring Jeff Smith of BONE fame, promises to be terrific. Here are 8 things you absolutely need to know:
- Tickets are still available. Get yours here. While there's no physical ticket, your name will be on the list at the door.
- If you don't get your ticket in advance, you should still be able to pay at the door. However, there's no guarantee - so better to be safe than sorry!
- How to get there:
- Refreshments, including wine and beer, are included in the ticket price
- Sequence of events:
- 7:00 p.m. - doors open, reception begins
- 7:45 p.m. - program featuring Jeff Smith
- 8:30 p.m. - book signing and more reception
- 9:00 p.m. - doors close
- Books: Complimentary galleys of the upcoming BONE: Out of Boneville, Tribute Edition will be available for all attendees. Additionally, a limited number of the original BONE: Out of Boneville hardcover copy will be available onsite, with an optional donation fee requested. Attendees are welcome to bring their own copies of Jeff's books to be signed. Our thanks to Scholastic for their support of this event!
- Our program will take place immediately after the University of Illinois' Downs Award reception at the Hilton. Again, Roosevelt is a short two-block walk from the Hilton.
- It looks like there may be some snow tonight, so plan accordingly!
ALA Midwinter Meeting