On Wednesday, October 22, please join the Freedom to Read Foundation and other sponsors of Banned Books Week for a look back at some of the fun, provocative, and engaging events that celebrated our freedom to read.
The "hangout," an online event, will be at noon Eastern time and can be accessed on the Banned Books Week YouTube page. No registration is necessary, but you can RSVP on Google+ and Facebook.
- Susan Brown, Director, Chapel Hill Public Library & creator of "Banned Books Trading Card" project
- Catherine Aselford, Executive Director, Northern Virginia Fine Arts Association & coordinator of "Banned Books Week Survivor"
- Julie Zaveloff, Technical Services librarian, and Dana Knott, Library Coordinator (Delaware Campus), Columbus State Community College and co-creator of "Which Banned Book Are You?" online quiz
- Nanette Perez, Program Officer, ALA Office for Intellectual Freedom
- Moderator: Jonathan Kelley, Program Officer, Freedom to Read Foundation
The speakers include recipients of Banned Books Week grants from FTRF's Judith F. Krug Memorial Fund.
Bring your questions and ideas for how you can make Banned Books Week 2015 a great event in your community!
The Hangout will be recorded and available on the Banned Books Week YouTube page.