Benefits of Freedom to Read Foundation membership
Why be a member of the Freedom to Read Foundation?
Freedom to Read Foundation members:
Your membership in FTRF
- Help defend the First Amendment in the courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court;
- Support librarians and teachers around the country besieged by attempts to restrict library materials and services;
- Receive the quarterly Freedom to Read Foundation News, which includes articles and timely reports on censorship trends, current court cases, and more;
- Qualify for discounts for upcoming events;
- Have access to member-only content on this site; and
- Vote for and be eligible to run for trustee in the annual board elections.
helps us accomplish these objectives:
- Implement our strategic plan that includes this new, interactive web site; more educational and legal initiatives; and better communication with our members
- Have a stronger voice in the courts, within the library community, and in the public arena - more members and more resources mean greater visibility for the freedom to read; and
- Increase our organizational capacity to ensure the continued vitality of the Freedom to Read Foundation for many years to come.
Most importantly, as we
continue to monitor and actively participate in court cases at the state and
federal levels, your membership helps ensure our ability to defend free speech. We are particularly concerned about continued threats to our privacy, and of overzealous internet
filters in libraries, which are too often used to create barriers to access constitutionally protected
information. In a free country, access to such information should not be constrained.
As a member of the Freedom to Read
Foundation you do make a difference when the freedoms of access and expression
are at risk.
How to join or renew your membership
Online: Join. Renew.
By phone: (312) 280-4226 / toll-free (800) 545-2433 x4226
By mail: Please send a check payable to Freedom to Read Foundation to:
Freedom to Read Foundation
50 E. Huron St.
Chicago, IL 60611
Annual membership starts at $35.00 for individuals ($10.00 for students) and $100.00 for organizations.